Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Whats your favorite cover?

Hey everyone! In need of some help...
I have a student of mine who is awesome in photography and digital graphics. She has agreed to do my cover for my manuscript. (I really think I am going to pursue ePublishing) I have the "model" for the cover, and I was like "OK, we we're ready." And then my photographer/digital graphics guru/student said "Well what type of covers do you like? How do you want this too look?" HELLO STUMPER! I thought it was funny timing because of the "Follow Friday" cover but I love covers of all different kinds, for all different reasons. Some of my favorites include:

Born at Midnight by CC Hunter











Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick













Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare













The Lost Saint by Bree Despain










What are a few of your favorites?

7 comments:

  1. hunger games,
    timeless
    Frost
    twilight
    delirium
    enclave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle! how are ya? long time no chat :)haha! I would have to agree w/Ms. Lindsay; Timeless and Delirium are BEAUTIFUL!... but my ALL TIME FAV COVER would have to be Sea Change by Aimee Friedman.... check it out, its GORGEOUS <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies and Diana I feel like it has been forever! I missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know this is a tough question. I like all of Cassandra Clare's covers. But they have much more to it than just a person. I like when a cover tells part of the story.

    Maybe have something with the twins and the school in the background, or trees. Maybe the scary trees and a male face in the hidding of the trees. :) Or if you do the school do Victor standing off to the side looking away from the girls with a drawn lost look into the distance. lol.

    A cover could go any way! Or, you could do something simple with the necklaces. Even though that's not the story, you could draw attention to it, if you would like.

    Oh, there is so many different angles to go with it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 'Fallen' & 'Torment' covers. So pretty! And I really like all three covers for the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead. They're all pretty, vivid colours and look good on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, we need to get you a twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is amazing! I can't wait to read that book for the cover alone!

    Die for Me Amy Plum

    The Dark Divine novels by Bree Despain

    The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

    Crossed by Ally Condie

    Undercurrent (A Siren Novel) Tricia Rayburn

    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

    I'm a sucker for a good cover!!!

    ReplyDelete