Sunday, April 3, 2011

A round of words in 80 days!

Lately I have been working a lot on National Board Certification, fundraising to get my class iPads, and reading... so where am I on writing? Well my manuscript The Owens Legacy: Revelations is being read by a few fellow bloggers (thanks ladies) but lately I have a new story popping around in my head and I really need to start putting "pen to paper" or rather "fingers to keys."
Anyway, thanks to my friend Komai over at In Which I Write Nonsensically I found this blog that makes you set a goal for writing and you have to complete it in 80 days... You check in on Sundays and on Wednesdays. I don't want to say this is going to force me to write but it is going to make me step up my game on my writing, just in time for summer where I can really focus on it!!

I am going to make two separate goals. One is to write 15,000 for my sequel of TOL:R. My second goal is to write 10,000 words for my new project. So my goal 25,000 words in the next 80 days!

To focus on my current manuscript, I was wondering if anyone out there has done some investigating on ePublishing or has ePublished. I have several letters out to agents - but as you can guess, no such luck... Quereying is tough! I really want to explore my options. I have already had an editor look at it.

Anyone have some advice? And if you are a writer, sign up with me to take this challenge!

7 comments:

  1. Yay, we can be ROW buddies now! Good luck with your goals. I will be there every step of the way cheering you on or poking you with a stick.

    I have done a bit of research on ePublishing and I also found an agent who focusses on both traditional digital publishing. I'm not sure if you've been on it before but here is a link to her bloggy: http://saritzahernandez.blogspot.com/?zx=46018d219be02cd3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about poking me with a stick made me laugh! And you just may have too!!!
    I will check out her blog tonight! Thanks for sending it my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROW80 Sponsor here! Glad to have you with us.

    If you're interested in learning more about ePublishing, definitely check out my blog. I've documented a lot of my process. Also check out Zoe Winters, Kait Nolan, Susan Bischoff, and Catherine Ryan Howard (Catherine, Caffeinated). We're all super friendly and excited to help newbies.

    You're already doing the best thing you can: have an editor look it over. From there, it's a matter of formatting it properly and getting it uploaded to the right places. Susan Bischoff is doing a series right now that will be very helpful for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! This is my first time doing ROW80 too and I hope to finish the first draft of my WIP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Belinda thank you for all of those names! It's hard finding reliable sources that know what they are talking about!!!

    @Ghenet - Yay another ROW80 goer! I am here to help and thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I'd sign up but I'm editing both my books, and not ready to start writing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time Brandi! Thanks for the support~

    ReplyDelete