Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sequels...

My first manuscript is done (done in the sense that it still needs revising - anyone want to tackle a 180 page monster?) and I have really started to think about the sequel. I have ideas for it but I can say that if I were to choose not to, my novel could be a single book. However, my characters have really come alive for me and I can't end them, and I don't know if someone of you have noticed, but I am a pantster. Yep, I don't write from the beginning, I write scenes and then connect the dots later...

I am really proud of my first book. I committed to it. Got over the whole, I-don't-want-anyone-to-read-it-bc-I'm-super-sensitive-about-it phase. And I am over the rejection of my first agency (thinking about ePublishing). And after all that, the sequel is the most...i don't know...daunting. I have written a few scenes but am still a little hesitant about diving in.

Anyone have this problem?

6 comments:

  1. If you're excited about the story then you should go ahead and dive in. Especially since you're still having fun with the characters. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congrats. That seems to be the hardest part is getting the first draft down. Then the torture begins. :) Editing...

    So cool to hear you write scenes then work from there to fit it together. I've been thinking of trying this angle on writing. I get ideas and write them down, but they don't flow with where the story's at. But I could work it together later. :) Glad to hear there are others that do this. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your book about? I might be willing to do some revisions depending on when you need them.
    Email me

    brandileigh2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your book. I say go for the sequel. If it totally sucks, you can always trash it or put it aside for awhile. But you'll never know unless you try.

    BTW, I'm your newest follower from your interview at Awesomesauce Book Club.

    -Stephanie
    Book Love Blog
    http://booluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Ever notice how accepting and supportive the blog world is??? I heart it! Almost enough to make myself a shirt about it :)

    Brandi -(and the rest of ya) my book is about two twins who get bounced around a lot because of the lead - Piper. They also have a telepathic bond... it is paranormal fiction. Let me know if you are still interested.

    ReplyDelete