Sunday, February 6, 2011

Misguided Angel - Melissa De La Cruz

I have been following this series each time it comes out. Sadly, I fell behind and the next one in line is already out! But at least I don't have to wait! Right?

After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the five remaining gates that guard earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silver Bloods.

Back in New York, Mimi has been elected Regent of a crumbling coven. Struggling with her heartache over the loss of Kingsley and with her overwhelming desire to destroy Jack, she must focus all of her energy on a perilous new threat. Vampires are being abducted and their captors are planning to burn them alive online…for all the world to see. Help arrives in the form of Demi

ng Chen, a Venator from Shanghai, who must untangle the web of deceptions before the killers strike again.

As the young vampires struggle for the survival of the coven, they uncover a deadly secret, a truth first discovered by Schuyler’s mother during the Renaissance but kept buried for centuries. And as the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler to a terrible choice that will ultimately map the destiny of her heart.



Stolen from Barnes and Noble
I have noticed that with a lot of her series, De La Cruz, has books that set the plot and ot
hers that wrap up situations (but lead to knew situations) Misguided Angel is definitely, a set you up for the next one, My Bloody Valentine.

I was really looking forward to Jack and Schuyler and "Spending" time with them. Howe
ver, this book does for the first 100 pages and then goes to Mimi and the new character, Deming. That was a bit disappointing because Jack and Schuyler are the main reasons I have kept with this story. She did leave me with a good ending, very reminiscent to the end of New Moon.

Spoiler alert - Mimi and Oliver become friends?!?!?! Yes, they sure do. DID NOT SEE IT COMING! Will he become her familiar?! Mimi started to show a softer side with Kingsley (which I would have liked to see him in hell- wouldn't that be a great scene?) She goes softer and less pri-madonna and I like her, which I never thought that I would. I mean she was a royal Beeyatch! But she is responsible, being assertive in the interest of vampires, a little more humbled when dealing with Red Bloods. The book ends with her going to Egypt to get Kingsley and Oliver goes with her and I really hope they end up together, (Kingsley and Mimi that is). I was really surprised by the story was more about Mimi than Jack and Schuyler.

Deming - Well, I am not sure of her purpose. She wrapped up the mini situation in this book but...what about Bliss (I know spin off series, but no scene with her? She was such a big part of the series...little sad about it.

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I should not have read your review, but it was sooo tempting (and to be honest, i like a 'lil bit of spoilers)! I am barely on book 4 Van Alan legacy, but now i cant WAIT to read Misguided angel!!!! Mimi & oli friends? WTF!? OMG! i need to hurry up and read NOW! thanks for sharing your review :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just won the Stylish Blogger Award! Stop by my blog to check it out.
    http://heatherhellmann.blogspot.com/2011/02/thanks-mask.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these books, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed in this one. I hate saying that about any book but I just felt it was a little more of a filler book. There just wasn't enough progress in the story for me. I will read the next one but I am glad I didn't spend a lot of money on it.

    I am not trying to be mean about it or anything. Because I know I couldn't even write a book to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome -I do think she tends to write filler - ever heard of keys to the repository? And you can state your opinion on my blog anytime you want and I wont think you are mean I promise
    Thank you Heather for the post
    And Lovely Getaway... yes i was shocked to see oli and mimi were friends!

    ReplyDelete