Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Underworld by Meg Cabot

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.

Have you ever had mixed feelings about a book - like I really love this book but I really am not sure why? Maybe I should think on this then blog. *Three days pass* yeah I really like the book I still don't know why. 

That this entire series. I re-read Abandoned by Meg Cabot (same feelings as described above) but when I was done I could not wait to burn through Underworld. I needed to know more about John and Pierce (FAVE NAME EVER for a girl), I want to know more about her grandmother. Was Pierce legit stuck in the underworld? Did John do that whole over-reacting thing that he does? Burning questions - but ask me why I like Pierce or John. John's easy - because I am a stereotypical YA reader - he's the hottie. I take that back - there is more to John, and even though he is a bit superhuman and all, he's a normal teenage guy who acts impulsively, and he gets jealous, and he's kind of selfish. Hey I could meet him on the street! 

Pierce - not your smartest heroine. I really think she should listen to John more. She doesn't gets herself into some trouble, gets other people into trouble, people end up dying. 

One character that I absolutely love in this book is Pierce's Uncle Chris. The guy who got the bad rep, did time, and now is trying to figure out his way in the world. He cares for his family. I really like him. 

I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending. It wrapped up to fast for me and I feel if John was "smarter" it all could have been avoided, but then there wouldn't be a third book and then I would be pissed. 

I am not sure if this post makes sense. 

But in the end, OMG can the third one PLEASE come out. 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I haven't read these books yet, but I have had this experience with a few others!!

    I will have to add these to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete