Sunday, May 13, 2012

ROW80

I did much better!

Week one 4,200 words!
Week two 2,322 words!

Week three zero

Week four zero 
Week five 4,223 words


And I organized the first 16 pages of the manuscript so its not just a bunch of scenes on my mac. I am a panster by nature. The actual assembling and filling in gaps (gaps that actually mean something and are not just filler) is hard for me. I know my characters get there - it's really clear in my head - but my head doesn't account for the details - like the same class schedule or  chit chat that people have with their friends or consistency in outfits - you know the stuff that makes you a detailed writer. I stink at that. :) But overall, it was a super productive week. 


I did some more brainstorming for the contemporary novel that is trying to push my current WIP out of the picture. 


I went running once again this week. I still don't like it. I do think I have the breathing under control. 


How did you do this week? Are you a panster or a plotter? How do you make your novel come together? Anyone want to do a guest post on this?

4 comments:

  1. Good going! Nice to find that pace again, isn't it?

    As for pantser or plotter.... I believe that the secret is that you have to develop the skills to do either at will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your progress - that's great! I'm normally a plotter but recently I've been "writing in the dark" and even though my word count has increased daily, I don't feel better about my work. So I'm going back to being a plotter, and one of my goals is to work out a rough outline before I set to work.

    Good luck this week!

    ~Wendy Lu

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Keep pumping those words out! Roll with it... I know for me, once I get in the groove, I'm there until I'm done... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wordage! I'm a total pantser. I've started trying to keep a notebook of the details because they elude me sometimes too when writing. I tried doing the scene writing, but for some reason, my characters laugh when I try it. I'm a start to finish writer, then go back and flesh it out and add more detail, find inconsistencies, etc.

    Good luck this week!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete