Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Amiee Carter

Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person whom she would really rather not meet. Henry's first wife, Persephone.

Kate returns to Eden Manor and finds it empty - until James actually takes her to the Underworld. She immediately has a vision that takes her to a battle scene involving Henry. Calliope is causing trouble and releasing Cronus, yeah the guy who created the Gods. She simply could not handle Kate's punishment for killing her.

Henry returns, Theo heals him, and he remains aloof, and not just aloof, cold. Kate is having a crazy internal conflict throughout the entire novel because of how Henry treats her. She is very insecure of his love for Persephone. I mean, she's not dealing with the typical four year relationship, we are talking 1,000 years. But we know from 1.5 that Henry does care about her, but he's just not the shout it from the roof tops  type of guy.

When Calliope gets her way and the gods come to her, she imprisons them and it is left to Kate and Ava to get them out, but where are they? Only one person knows Persephone. And man is she selfish. I mean it. I don't like her. And all this is only half way through the novel!

There is one scene that I really wanted to go through my NOOK and just strangle Henry and Persephone. While Persephone may have been trying to help Kate, I felt my heart drop out of my chest and I was pissed at Henry, to the point where I wanted Kate to leave him. Yeah, that angry.

A really important I wanted to make, is about the ending. The ending was so good, I read it twice. I finished it at 12:30 Am and read it again at 8 AM. THAT GOOD.

AND HOLY CLIFFHANGER! Anyone else shocked?

Team Henry.

PLEASE MAKE THIS A MOVIE.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That cliffhanger ending, huh. :D I need to get this series. I love the sounds of the gods and everything. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete