Sunday, June 2, 2013

Series Sunday (2) The Vampire Academy Series

The Vampire Academy Series.

Where do I even begin? Rose - one of my top heroines. Dimitri - my favorite book love - I cannot honestly say that - he is. Wonderful plot line - 6 books and I hate everyone of them up.

A sum up - Rose Hathaway is a damphir who is bound to Lissa, a Moroi. They are best friends and have a very deep friend and an even deeper bond. Rose however, is a smart ass, bad ass, who is irrational and loyal to a fault. But her wild ways get her matched up with the Russian heart throb - Dimitri. I said Rose was bad ass, yeah there is not a word for how awesome he is.  The plot line involves murder, deception, bad choices, and a revolution for the damphirs and moroi.

Rose and Dimitri - wow are there some steamy scenes between the two of the dhampirs - like - Book 4? All of book 4 - Oh MY Lanta. But for as many ups as they have, they have equally the same amount of downs, and I mean downs - like Dimitri becomes a bad guy, Rose dates some else, Dimitri refusing to be with her.

Rose and Adrian - there are some people who prefer Adrian over Dimitri and I can understand why. Adrian is a lot like Rose in his irrational ways and smart ass ways. He is also so faithful and loyal to Rose, even when she turns from him. I will say there is a part that Mead writes, won't tell you which book, where my heart honestly broke for him.

Rose and Lissa - A true friendship - enough said.

Some of my favorite quotes:
"What's up?" I asked.
You tell me," he said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."
It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."
What the hell kind of therapy are you in?" 

"I don’t belong to anyone. I make my own choices."
"And you’re with Adrian," said Dimitri.
"But I was meant for you." 


"Don't blame us," said my mother. "We didn't blow up half of Court, steal a dozen cars, call out a murderer in the middle of a crowd, or get our teenage friend crowned queen."

"Don't touch her," he growled.
There was a note in his voice that would of scared me if it had been directed toward me. He shoved me behind him, putting his body protectively in front of mine with my back to the table. Guardians came at us from all directions,and Dimitri began dispatching them with the same deadly grace that had once made people call him a god." 


"I loved you!" he yelled. He jumped up out of his chair so quickly I never saw it coming. "I loved you, and you destroyed me. You took my heart and ripped it up." 

Have you read it? What was your favorite quote? Who is your favorite character? And- hey - did you see the casting - sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment