Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).
I thought about this one and it is a tough call because I have always loved reading and continue to read avidly because my job (English teacher) "requires" me to do so. I decided to make a list of books that I have loved and can re-read over and over again.
1. Go Dog Go by Dr. Suess.
2. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shell Silversteen
3. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. The Watson's go To Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis
There is also a list of books that have created magnificent worlds for me where I always feel apart of.
1. The Vampire Academies by Richelle Mead
2. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
3. Both of Cassandra Clare's series -
4. Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck
I love them all and find myself loving the characters as if I knew them. Do you do that? What's your favorite? Who is your favorite character?