Thursday, October 20, 2011

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone. 

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love? 

Everyone take a moment to reflect on this stunning cover. Sophie Jordan's art team - you guys are sensational! My goodness - look at Tamara. Diana said she looked at the cover of Firelight a lot while reading, and I have to say I did the same with this cover. Every time I got to a point about Tamara - I wanted to see her. I do think Jacinda is described as beautiful, but man, Tamara - STUNNING.

I was a big fan of Firelight - and quickly bought Vanish. Now, no one throw anything at me. I like Cassian. I am 100% on team Cassian. Several times I put the book down because Jacinda was "following" her heart - I know - she's in love. But really CASSIAN. Sigh. I know Diana, I said "hello Will" but now I am saying "Hello Cassian." I get Tamara's frustration with the situation. It is clear that Cassian is in love with Jacinda but really Jacinda, get your head in the game!

Jacinda, Tamara, and mom go back to the pride. Jacinda is treated horribly, mom is just outcasted, and Tamra is the new "it". There are a lot of hardships in this book for all three women to bare. However the book is not action packed, it moves a long and sets you up for the third installment. The ending was NOT a shocker, I kept waiting for it, but it didn't come. It was a simple stop - let you know where it was going - but not what would be done. I want to know what is going to happen but I am not frustrated, which is nice because I bet the third installment doesn't come out for awhile. Anyone know when?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know either, but I'm so jazzed that the second one is out! I loved Firelight! Thanks for the review, and no bad vibes here--I like Cassian too. Still like Will better, but...you know how it is. ;) And yes, the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete