Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rapture by Lauren Kate

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

I have been reading the Fallen series since they first started way back when. It seems like I have been patiently waiting for Luce's and Daniel's story to be wrapped up, to see if they have to wait another life time to be together.

The third installment for me, dragged it out. It was where Luce and Bill (AKA Lucifer) went through all of Luce's past lives with Daniel. I feel it could have been done in a .5 version. I did like that it got across how eternal their love was.

OK - So - Book Four. I wanted some steamy scenes. You know, come on, this is the first time in thousands of years that the two actually get to touch and Luce not burst into flames. I got to see Daniel's really sweet side. And looking back, I kind of miss his tough guy attitude that was first scene in Fallen. Daniel this book asserts leadership among the demons, the Outcasts, the fallen, and just about anyone else who gets in his way.

For the plot, everyone has to get three relics that have been scattered and unseen in 9 days before Lucifer gets to re-write history and wipe out everything. His ultimate goal is to make some changes, and one of the results is Daniel and Luce are no more. Which makes one wonder: why does the king of hell care for some slip of a girl? All is revealed.

I thought Luce was a bit weaker in this story. She "suffered" from leaning on her boyfriend too much. Daniel had to push her farther and convince her she was capable of stopping Lucifer. I like female characters like Rose from the Vampire Academy and Charlie from The Pledge. Confident women.

Now that I know the ending, I want to re-read Fallen. That was my favorite in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment