Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reading slump - seeking suggestions

Hey everyone. *waves*

So since my life has drastically slowed down from all kinds of Student Council, Battle of the Classes, and the New York State Reading Association Conference fun, I have been cleaning, grading, and getting back on top of my game and still manage to get 7 hours of sleep. I forgot what sleep was. It's so nice. *sighs* Sleep.

OK.

I'm in a bit of a reading slump. I haven't read anything that I am like "OMG I LOVE IT!" since Tiger's Quest. Silence didn't really rock my world. I know, blasphemy. Don't worry - I am still very much Team Patch. I think I have just been super tired and haven't been able to fully commit to my closet love of books.

Anyway - any bombshell suggestions for me?

Maybe I am tired of paranormal. *ponders a second* Nahhhh. Never.

Also, I am looking to borrow two books. I have the sequels to these books. I need to review them for The Charlotte Award. I am not a big fan of reading a sequel without the first one. But I have had heard good things about both of the series.

Lisa Desrochers - Personal Demons
and
Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edhill's Legacies: A Shadow Grail Novel

If anyone has the e-book that would be great, or a pdf, or the actual book and want to send it my way, that would be great. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. I just read a really awesome paranormal romance - The Calling by Ashley Willis. It was both steamy AND had what I thought was an awesome plot. I'll be posting the review tonight to my blog if you'd like to stop by and have a look!

    Molli at Once Upon a Prologue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molli! I will! I'm at a loss; this has never happened to me before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you have already read these, but I tore through The Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! They are both so different from the norm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also recommend Daughter of Smoke and Bone...I'll be reviewing it some time next week. It's very quirky and different.

    I think I mentioned the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy by Michelle Zink about twins; one is the protagonist and the other is the antagonist so lots of internal struggles and good vs evil in this one. Oh, and there's a swoon-worthy male character named Dimitri...Just saying :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read a new one that I was like Holy crap I love it. First Grave on the Right and the 2nd book Second Grave on the Left. Loved them both!!

    Have you read the Riley Jenson series. They are so good. I just read the spin off series and those are amazing!

    I could go on and on. What are some of your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, if you are really tired of paranormal (I went through this a month back), and you want something contemporary, completely self-indulgent, and basically as addicting as heroine, try Beautiful Disaster by Jamie MaGuire. Seriously, everyone I've told to read this has read it, then as soon as they were finished read it again!!! It's not one of those books that will make you a better person for having read it, but it is dang good entertainment! If you read it, let you know what you think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you're in a reading slump. I've not really been doing any reading these last few weeks with Nanoing. *sigh* I do miss it though.

    Hope you are doing well, and enjoy the next book you get into. :)

    I have to say the last YA read I read I really enjoyed. I really fell for the characters, All Wounds by Dina James. Really good Really, with a vampire, werewolves, demons, hellhounds, and a Healer at the center of it all. :)

    Hope you have a great week and month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know pretty much everyone's read Vampire Academy, but if you haven't read those yet, I definitely recommend them. I also really enjoyed "Girl in the Steel Corset" and "Lola and the Boy Next Door."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Personal Demons on both hard copy and ebook. which would you prefer?

    Also, I do recommend The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It's CRAZY, Michelle. CRAZZZYYY! but the good crazy.... the kind of crazy that keeps you up all night because you can't put the damn book down. Plus, there's a totally swoon-worthy young stud, Noah. Loved him! I have this one in ebook too if you want it :D

    email me!
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete