Monday, December 27, 2010

New Years Book Challenges.

I'm going to take on a challenge or two this year... well with reading. Lord knows I take on enough challenges but these ones are going to be for me (and my sanity). I am first taking on the challenge

Challenge: Wordsworth Classics Reading Challenge 2011!

I have to set my target somewhere in here. I am not going to lie. I am shooting to be a noble. I am opening my students help me out with this. If you want to participate in this challenge look up http://derangedbooklovers.blogspot.com/.

Peasant: 1-4 books
Bourgeois: 5-8 books
Knight: 9 – 12 books
Noble: more than 12 books

I'm not sure what my list is going to be yet...

My next challenge, which I have not signed up to do with anyone, (and maybe I will) is to read 100 novels this year. Too often I fall into the "I don't have time to read for my own enjoyment" category and I hate this. If I set myself a goal, I have to follow it. I am starting with Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. I intend to post the books that I have read like I have been doing. I do think that I will change the format, "Steal" the synopsis from the book and then give my review without giving away any details. I hate it when people ruin books so I will not do it!!!!!

Maybe I will approach some students and other teachers about this idea? It's a thought worth expressing, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment